The Australian Artisan Cheese & Wine Experience at The Squires Landing, Overseas Passenger Terminal, Circular Quay W, The Rocks
- Duration: 75 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: PXPBA7
We have been hosting culinary tourism inspired events since 2006.
Our events create and promote a direct connection between primary producers and the consumer.
The Australian Artisan Cheese & Wine Experience was held on Fort Denison between 2007-2017 and Cockatoo Island June 2017-March 2018.
We are now offering this experience from The Squires Landing, Circular Quay, The Rocks over 4 months between July and September 2018.
This experience is a fantastic introduction to the local and growing boutique cheese industry. Unbeknown to many, Sydney Harbour has a rich history in Australia’s milk and cheese industry being the location where cattle from England were off loaded from the First Fleet boats in 1788 onto the sandbank that is today famously known as Bennelong Point. Originally called Cattle Point, the cattle were held there in make shift enclosures in the area now home to the Opera House. Agritourism Events Australia are bringing farmhouse Australian cheese back to Sydney Harbour.
Your event host will be cheese expert Claudia Bowman.
On the day of your experience, Claudia will meet you at The Squires Landing, Overseas Passenger Terminal where she will serve you a glass of sparkling and canapé on arrival.
After a brief welcome and introductory presentation by Claudia Bowman guests will be seated and the artisan cheese experience will commence.
This 75 minute experience is valued at $150p/p and includes;
- Award winning Australian Sparking Wine on arrival
- 1 canapé on arrival
- 6 Australian Artisan cheeses
- 2 International Artisan cheese examples
- 3 Australian wines (White, Red, Dessert)
- Craft Beer
- Tasting Notes
AT THE END OF THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL:
- Have experienced 8 exceptional Farmhouse cheeses
- Be able to talk confidently about the different types and styles of cheese and the varieties experienced
- Have an understanding as to the background of cheese in general as well as specific to Australia and how our local dairy industry has progressed over 229 years
- Have a better understanding of your own personal preference to various cheeses
- Understand basic pairing principals between cheese and wine
- Enjoyed 4 premium, award winning Australian beverages as an accompaniment to the cheese and a family owned local craft beer.
- Have been entertained, indulged and inspired by International Cheese Expert Claudia Bowman’s passion for and knowledge of all things cheese!